The game looks really nice in some ways, the graphics are good and the flashlight effect looks good, but then it also feels really sloppy in other ways.
The pathing for the zombies in very basic, and they can easily get stuck on barrels if they are in the way. Also, because zombies can stack, running around in circles for a while causes all the zombies to clump up together as one "super" zombie.
Stuff I liked:
- The graphics
- The flashlight effect
Stuff I that bugged me:
- Enemy pathing (they always move in a straight line an it feels very unnatural)
- Enemies usually clump up into one "super" enemy if run around in circles for a bit
- There just isn't enough ammo. As far as I could tell, ammo is just randomly given to you, so if you aren't getting enough ammo then there is nothing you can do about the accumulating number of zombies.
- Aiming felt too easy. Zombies are so slow and bullets are so fast that simply clicking on an enemy is basically a guaranteed kill.
I have a few points I would like to raise with Dead Wave! -
I appreciate your comment and it helps me a lot so thank you!
I would like to say however that - There is no specific 'Path Finding' for the Zombies, the reason they clump up into on horde is to give the impression you are being over run by a Zombie horde and not intelligent 'AI', though I do however need to stop them from over lapping so much!
The Ammo will stay as it is however, this is a survival game and you need to use your brain and the guns your player has to survive :) - Aiming is as good as a can make it with lagging out the game entirely - Zombies are Zombies, they are slow, at least how I perceived them in films! - Instant kill for a Zombie is good when the Zombie count limit reaches peak, believe me you're gonna want the feature in ;)
Thank you for you comment!!
While this game does have an interesting sad mood to it it feels like this "idea" would be more suited for a medium like a short movie as opposed to a game.
I mean, you don't really PLAY at all, there aren't any decisions to make. You just hold down "D" and tap "W" once in a while.
It also felt like it didn't really build up to anything, the story told isn't very deep and the way your character moves makes the cliff jump feel very undramatic.
You just keep on waddling right on off.
In summary, I thought that the mood was good but the second half of the game didn't really add much and it wasn't much of a "game".
It's a good explanation of basic physics.
My only real criticism is the way you handled the circles radius (by adding an invisible outline to all other objects), I just found that this was a very in-elegant solution because it only works as long you only have 1 sphere (or more if they ignore each other).
Apart from that , very nice tutorial.
Got it in 191 seconds :P
Not bad for a first submission
Here are the things I think you should try to fix/change:
1. You get 50 points if you shoot the guy that has his hands up, is this a bug?
2. Enemies spawn in a very predictable pattern, try to add a bit more variation.
3. There is one white strip on each side on screen, I assume this was a formating issue.
4. Bullet holes stay from level to level.
5. Bullet holes spawn on top of everything else (Enemies and cars). If you are creating them with the "duplicateMovieClip" fuction I know it can be problematic to get them in the right layer, but its not impossible.
6. I found the "Play Again" button hard to read, but that might just be me.
Addressing your comments in order:
1. Not a bug, just forgot to put a weapon in hand. I'll probably end up making him subtract 50 points.
2. I'll definitely look in to that code.
3. Just forgot the size of the game when I uploaded it.
4. Will add coding to reset the level.
5. Will work on that.
6. Yeah, that font was a bad idea.
Thanks for the tips!
This game is over-rated
Its still kinda fun to play, but I dont like the fact that bombs instead of exploding just delete a small section of the block that they are on.
Demolition city 1 was a lot more fun.
I find this game is fun to play and addictive.
But what really bugs me about it is that it contains so many small bugs.
Leaving me with the impression that not a lot of effort was put into making this game.
So in short: Great game, but fix the bugs
Ok, but repetitive
Its kinda fun to play for the first few levels but then gets really boring because nothing new gets added in the higher levels.
Its game is so addicting, I couldn't stop playing it untill I beat it.
The music fits nicely to the game and I loved the creative background tunnels.
The one thing that bugged me about this game was that once you entered a game mode there didn't seem to be any way to go back to the main menu to chose a different mode.
But apart from that its a great game, keep up the good work.
Beginning levels are too hard
Its a great game but I felt that the first few levels should have been easier to beat.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.